Thursday, May 15, 2008

Tonight was my weight watchers meeting, I lost 3.4 lbs which brings me up to
17.4 lbs. One day at a time. I have 3.6 lbs to go till I have lost my first 10%. Then I have to make a new goal. I haven't decided what I will make it, probably the next 10% until I get to my goal weight. which I found out was 113-141 Oh brother heaven help me.
By the way our bird died after two days of worm feeding. yuck. Earl was sad that "his patient didn't make it." We have finally got rid of the last of the puppies we had for sale, but we still have three kittens. Texas, Boots and AJ.

I had to tell you a story that happened with Sammi. Since the girls were old enough to know what worms and snakes were I have used them to explain carnality. I told them that they have a worm on the inside and when the disobey or are mean ect.. their worm grows into more of a snake and that only by being good can the snake return to a worm but that someday Jesus will remove the "worm/snake" if they ask Him. When I told Sammi the other day that her worm had grown into a little snake she just cocked her head and looked at me. In a few moments Sammi cried out 'ouch' and grabbed her arm, I asked her what was wrong. She looked at me and said
"Your snake bit me"
I couldn't even refrain from laughing. Could you have?

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Wow! You've lost almost 20 pounds. Congrats! You are doing such a great job. I think I'm motivated to get myself losing now too.

That snake story is too cute. I would've laughed too!

R. Catton said...

Congratulations on your weight loss!!
I have never heard the worms and snakes explained quite like that. Gana used to tell us we would get worms from eating too much candy. I do know I got a good laugh out of it!!