Thursday, October 09, 2008

We got to go to the musuem a couple of Sat. ago. Here are the 3 pictures that I took. I was usually busy telling Sammi 'don't touch the glass baby doll. It will break". She has really been into her babies lately, then in the next five minutes she brings me a babydoll bottle and wants to pretend she is the baby and I have to feed her.


This was taken in one of the rooms that was used for guest to sleep overnight, the musuem used to be an inn. One of the room's info paper said that if they had a lot of guest to stay overnight the guest would be asked to sleep from side to side instead of head to foot, so that there would be more room for everyone. Can you imagine? I would rather sleep in the wagon. Women had their room and the men had their own room, even 2 or more families could have been put in one room(with the men sleeping in the mens room). Prpbably my favorite thing to explain to Beth was the chamber pot, now there is a picture that I missed.

The girls always love fountains, notice the baby in Sammi's hand.

One of the things they showed that day was weaving with a loom. This lady actually has her own loom at her home and makes rugs.

Earl has been switched to another job at work. He is now working with research and development, he usually has to be to work at 4:30am and doesn't get home until 7:00pm The girls are not liking it because he usually comes home eats, does computer then goes and "lays" on the bed(goes to sleep), Beth really is having a rough time. Beth is doing good in her homeschool except if I have to teach another story about creation and Adam and Eve I'll scream. Out of her 7 subjects four of them started with Creation and Adam and Eve and that included 5 days of creation and then 5 days of Adam/Eve sinning. Beth asked me the other day if they did that because they didn't think she would be able to get it. I told they just want to make sure you know where you came from and how sin came into the world. Beth replied"I know already can we get on with it".
The little church that we attended for a while is in revival with Bro.
James Sutherland and his wife this week. We went one night and I think we are going tonight.

No comments: