Monday, February 23, 2009

If you haven't heard yet then here's the news. We had our little angel last Wed 18th at 8:33 in the morning. She weighed 3lbs 6oz, she was 15.75 inches long and 5 1/2 weeks early.
We had gone for a routine appointment on Tues and Suzy wasn't moving as much and she kept having dips in heart beat. My blood pressure was up and I was spilling protien in my urine. So the Dr sent me to labor and delivery to have an overnight stay of monitoring, but around 6:00pm the on call Dr came and told me that they were sending me to CabellHuntington Hospital because it looked like I was heading for a emergency c-section and Holzer didn't have a NICU. The Dr felt that Suzy would have to have help breathing because she was so little and early. I went by ambulance and the next morning the Dr. told me at 7:15 that we were going in for the c-section. Earl wasn't even here yet so I called him and told him to get here NOW. And they waited for him. Then we had the surgery and Suzy was here. She breathed on her own from the start and keeps her temperature where it should be. She has had no problem with her blood sugar, though she spent 2 days under the frenchfry light for jaundice which has gone from 8 to 4.2. Yesterday the nurses had a premie outfit on her, purple with little butterflies. She was adorable. Her weight had dropped from 3lbs 6oz to 3 lbs now she is up to 3lbs and 3.5 oz. We just have to get her to take all of her feedings from the bottle and for her to gain weight. She takes half of her feedings from bottles right now.
Please keep us all in your prayers and I will blog more later when I can find time. Right now its time for Earl to get here and for me to go feed Suzy. Love you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! We've been praying and are so happy to hear the great news. I can't wait to see some pictures!!