Tuesday, March 18, 2008

In Memory of

Mom

Saundra Kay Tillis

Gone one year today.

Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free
I'm following the path God laid for me
I took God's hand when I heard the call,
I turned my back and left it all.
I couldn't stay another day,
To laugh, to love, to work, to play.
Tasks left undone must stay that way,
I found peace at the close of day.
If my parting has left a void,
then fill it with remembered joy.
A friendship shared a laugh, a kiss,
Ah yes, they're things that I too will miss
Be not burdened with time of sorrow
I wish the sunshine of tomorrow.
My life's been full, I've savored much,
Good friends, good time's, a loved ones touch.
Prehaps my time seemed all too brief,
Lift up your heart and share with me
God wanted me now- He set me free.

No comments: