Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Yesterday I went to my diabetes Dr., nice young man, Dr Stout. I am now on insulin 4x's a day and checking my blood sugars as often. No problem, this is just like when I was expecting Sammi. This time I am on 2 different insulins, a fast acting one with meals and a slower one at night for bedtime.
I had trouble with my insurance trying to tell the pharmacy that I have two insurances, but I don't. Every time we go to the pharmacy with a new script/prescription this happens. I tried to fill it at Walmart but they wouldn't even try to fight the insurance company, so I took it to a local pharmacy Fruiths and they were able to figure it out. The only problem being that my insurance doesn't want to cover my strips for my glucose machine that the Dr gave me, they cover a different kind. So Fruiths was going to call and try to see if he would write me a subscrition for the new machine and the new strips. I will find out today if it will be done. If not my strips cost $93.00 to use on my new machine ayayayay!! But I don't see Dr Stout giving them any hassel about the different machine.
We are all doing OK. Earl went back to work yesterday on his line. He seems to think that he will be getting very long hours and for the first day he was right. He went to work at 7am and got done at 8pm. Our churchs cantata is Dec 14, Beth's play is the 21st,she is not nervous at all.
The girls made their list of what they wanted for Christmas and I had to tell you what Sammi is wanting. There is a show on Disney that is about a man that does repairs to things and he has 7 tools that talk. Handy Manny, and Sammi loves them. They have his tools at Walmart and the toolbox sings and you can take the toos out, that is what Sammi wants. She also wants "girl" toys but the only thing that she will say when she goes to the store or if you ask her is Handy Manny tools.
Do any of you love the electric holders that you place a small candel down in and it heats the candel up so that you can smell it but you don't have to light the candle. A store down here has them for $3. They have strawberries, apples, blueberries, fish, animals(deer,moose) all kind, I want to go back and get some for my bathroom and bedroom. The had larger ones that were beautiful with snowmen and angels on them with quilt patterns in their clothes. I'll pick you one up if you'd like just let me know.

1 comment:

R. Catton said...

Glad you saw the Dr. and your diabetes is being treated, I was worried about you. I have one of the candle warmers and I do like it. It's easy to forget about because it's usually out of site. Nothing like the smell of a nice candle! It must be a lot of fun at your house with little girls being excited about Christmas. I miss those days of little boys being excited! Love to all!