Monday, November 24, 2008

Once again the animals in our life are causing havoc. When we moved over here to my hometown, Beth really wanted a puppy. So Earl in the interest of getting into the rabbit hunting again got her a beagle. She has had 2 litters so far that we knew the father ect.. Well when she came in heat this last time we had a 3:00am visitor ,that until yesterday, we thought had just said hi and left. A big black Lab had mated with our little Beagle. So Sat. at about 9:00 pm she went into labor. And cried and howled the WHOLE night, because the first puppy got stuck in the birth canal. So at 7:00 am Earl called the vet and rushed her to the Vet ER to have some help. Now Earl has been around animals most of his adult life at least and had even taken one of the mail in course about being a Vet, so he tried most of the night to help Copper (beagle). To no avail. She wound up having to have a c-section then got spayed because the puppies had stretched her uterus to the point of never having puppies again without killing her. They are all black with some white and brown little spots for what I have seen. Copper is a very protective mother, 3 boys and 1 girl. By the way I have never been the only one pregnant in my house. I have always had at least one or two animals that are expecting at the same time. While it doesn't seem fair that they only get 1 to 2 months pregnancy then its over for them at least we humans are not like elephants who have a pregnancy of 23 months. Yes I am complaining but my sugars have been 200-260 and it makes me feel VERY ucky. Though I must say on the positive note that Suzy moving is the most wonderful thing, even though she is laying with her head over my left hip and the rest of her towards my right hip, Beth ans Sammi were already head down by this time.
By the way did I metion that Earl was going to have 9 days off in a row :0) Down to 7 days, thankfully he is home because Momma and the pups can't be outside because of the 8 degrees and 15 degrees weather that we are having at night.

No comments: