Friday, January 02, 2009

I am 28 weeks along as of today. I only have 10 1/2 weeks to go, because my Dr will take the baby around March 17th due to a previous c-section and the diabetes. I now have to go to the Dr every 2 weeks for a while then every week. We will do another ultrasound in one month and start doing the non-stress tests.
Earl got to meet the Dr more today and it was not a good impression. My Dr might be very smart for a Dr but his bedside manner with the girls especially Sammi is not going well. In fact the Dr told me today that next time I can't bring them. I was very upset and am still upset tonight about it. Sammi is a total Mommy's girl and was very clingy today while the Dr and I were talking about questions that I have, (i.e. she had to go potty and I am the one who takes her so she was insistent that she needed to go, even though Earl was in the room and kept telling me she had to go) I didn't even realize that the Dr was upset until the Dr was rude to Sammi and when Earl left the room to take her to the bathroom and told me that I couldn't bring them next time because he needed to be able to talk to me so that I could understand what he was saying. My biggest problem is that I did understand and continued to talk around Sammi just tuning her out, he was the one with the problem. And I have to admit that I was upset with Earl because the main reason why we all went to the Dr.s together was so that he could help with Sammi and hear what is going on with Suzy (this was the 3rd time he has got to go). I forget that I am used to dealing with Sammi and I usually take things for Beth to help entertain her. It is usually easier on my own.
So now I am trying to figure out what to say to the Dr, because I can't just call up someone and have them watch the kids, people work ect.. Besides treat me treat my family. I am just not a happy Mommy tonight. I have to say that I am glad that this will be the last baby for us. One nurse said to bring the girls anyway and tell the Dr to stuff it. Not the best day for a hormonal mother.

2 comments:

Leah & Jon said...

Well, I'm no mom, but just the idea of him trying to tell you not to bring the girls makes me upset. 1) I thought is was based on the patient's comfort. If you feel like you are hearing and understanding everything, than that's not his problem (sounds like he thinks too much of himself anyway!). and 2) Aren't YOU the one paying HIM? I'd think you would have some say in these matters... but hey what do I know about these things?!?

matannjess said...

Doesn't sound like a good situation. Hope you can bet things resolved. Doesn't he realize he's dealing with a hormonal woman who can go off at any moment.