Friday, January 23, 2009

I had my prenatal visit with my Dr. on Wed and decided that I wasn't going to confront him with his comment about the children. I am just going to take the girls from now on and then when a comment comes up deal with it then. I don't want to switch Dr because I really only have about 51 days left till Miss Suzy comes. My blood pressure seems to want to play the numbers game this pregnancy. I usually run 110/70 but this time it was 138/ 80 and when I was at Walmart last night I checked it and it was 156/84. My blood sugars are still running rampant and I am going to the Dr every 2 weeks. Next time I have an ultrasound at 11:00, my diabetes Dr at 1:00 and my OBGYN at 2:15 with a non-stress test after the OBGYN and yes the girls are probably going to have to come. Sammi should be in rare form by the time we get to the OBGYN's appt, after spending 3 hours in the hospital. hahaha.
In my heart I realize that this is the last pregnancy for me and I really should be treasuring it, but I am SO done. I can't wait for little Suzy to be here and neither can Beth. Sammi seems to taking it in stride. We really wanted Earl to not have to take off vacation time when Suzy comes but I told him that it would make me the most comfortable if he would be the help at home for the first week. And I think that the girls would like it also. My friend Jenny has said that she would help too, but she has her own family to take care of, so I don't want to put to much pressure on her.
I got anxious the other day and started making list of what we need to get for Suzy and what we need to get done before she comes and what I will need at the hospital. When I showed Earl the list he read them and then as he walked away he was mumbling something about nesting and being drove crazy. hehe. I really do feel sorry for him the week before I go to the hospital, getting all the meals/food that we will need, making sure the the clothes are all caught up, cleaning the house ect... The boy better work some overtime to keep his sanity. I am going to let Beth take 1 or 2 weeks off from her school work when Suzy comes unless I feel ok she is looking forward to that. I teased Earl and told him that he would have to be the substitute teacher but was told strongly that Beth could take the 2 weeks off. I think the one thing that always seemed to take all my time the last couple of times was feeding the baby and I LOVE to just hold the baby and snuggle especially the first couple of weeks. I kind of like to be the only one taking care of her (diapers, washing, feeding) but I have my other girls to think of this time.
So that is the update from prego world and the rest of the clan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to have an update! If I lived closer I'd be happy to watch the girls for you.