Friday, April 04, 2008

I don't know if all of you know that my brother and I are adopted. It became final on April 1, 1976 and on that day every year we celebrated as a family our adoption. This year we simply called one another and visited. This year I found myself thinking about my heavenly adoption and the relationship that I have with my Father.
I read a story where the girl in it explained all the things that she did and did not do was because her church said to, the other girl in the story explained that she did the same things but because she believed that God expected her to do the things. I believe that I am in the place of the second girl that I am do certain things or don't do certain things because I want to please my heavenly Father. Though I must admit that growing up I used the same excuse as the first girl.
I also love the scripture in
Jude 1:24
Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy.
I love the fact that Jesus also wants us to make it to heaven and to be joyful when we are presented before the throne of God. Especially the fact that Jesus is able to keep us from falling. When temptation hits me lately I remind Jesus of this scripture then sit back and wait for the rescue.
Have a blessed day everyone, family I have remebered you in prayer. Especially the Myers clan.
Love you all!!!

1 comment:

Indian Lake Papa said...

Jayme - I just did a post on the 3rd about adoption on my blog - choicesrmine.blogspot.com. From the baby's perspective. I think adoption is so special - especially into God's family!